Recommend a book on algorithms for determining if an input (thatconforms to a grammar) has a specified property?

Hi Folks,

Would you recommend an algorithm’s book please? Specifically, a book containing algorithms about how to determine if an input (that conforms to a grammar) has property P.

Allow me to explain.

Suppose I have a grammar for a Book. I could use XSD, or RNG, or Backus-Naur, or EBNF,  or something else to express the grammar. Suppose the grammar expresses this:

                Book must contain a Title, one or

                more Authors, a Date, an ISBN, and

                a Publisher.

Many instances are then created. The instances could be expressed in XML, or JSON, or many other ways. Here’s an instance, expressed in XML:

<Book>

<Title>Introduction to Graph Theory</Title>

<Author>Richard J. Trudeau</Author>

<Date>1993</Date>

<ISBN>0-486-67870-9</ISBN>

<Publisher>Dover</Publisher>
</Book>

Next, I feed into an algorithm the grammar, an instance, and a property. Here is an example of a property: Does the instance have more than one Author?

Here is a graphic which summarizes the situation:

Are there books which describe algorithms for determining if an input (that conforms to a grammar) has a specified property?

/Roger