RE: [xml-dev] What is the general direction you are seeing thesedays to store and query lots of large complex XML?

Hi Folks,

Peter made a very interesting assertion:

The analytics should run directly on the data,

not on some extract.

My plan was to perform XPath and XQuery on the 50 million XML documents and then use the query results as input into SAS and SPSS analytics. So my approach is quite different than what Peter advocates.

Peter, why do you assert that the analytics should be run directly on the data? Why is that superior to querying the data and using the query results as input to the analytics? Does everyone agree with Peter that the analytics should be run directly on the data? Anyone disagree with Peter?

/Roger