Re: [xml-dev] RE: List of differences between XML and JSON?

You can make subsets of XML that do pretty much the same things as JSON, when interpreted properly. That doesn't mean you get to say that they have the same capabilities in general.

With JSON, you can send me objects (sets of name-value pairs) and value lists, where "values" can be objects, numbers, lists, or strings. That's what you can do.

You can use XML to send those things too, but an XML document isn't limited to only that. So JSON is essentially similar to a subset of XML. If these capabilities happen to be what you want, then fine, and you'll probably be happier with JSON.

If you are examining differences between JASON and XML, it isn't going to be helpful to start by pruning away things that make them different.