Re: [xquery-talk] MarkLogic using JSONiq for processing JSON ?

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 12:41 AM, daniela florescu <dflorescu@me.com> wrote:

You both prove my point: the design of XQuery 3.1 was done to “help” selfishly and with a very short term vision two-three companies (Saxon, Exist, MarkLogic), and with complete
disregard to the big picture of the needs of querying and processing semi-structured data in the industry (which includes both XML and JSON).

Ok this is anecdotal and on a somewhat different tack but a couple of months ago I took the Marklogic Developer course.  One of the few things I retained from the course was the realisation that the instructor had no idea what was in the XQuery specifiation (1.0 or 3.0) and in what way they differed from the Marklogic variant.

Now that certainly makes me wonder whether that is reflective of the corporate technical viewpoint.