Re: [xml-dev] YPath, ZPath?

Alain, there is a German phrase "ein wahres Wort gelassen aussprechen" (to utter a true word calmly).

That is what you did. How would the XML community react to the announcement that in XPath/XQuery/XSLT 4.0 all navigation axes except for the child and the attribute axis will be removed, due to performance issues?

With kind regards,
Hans-Jürgen

PS: An anecdote related to EXML. Once, attending a conference, I chatted with a man who is a wonderful thinker, speaker and engineer, whom I deeply admire and will never cease to regard as a teacher. He lightly remarked upon that "in JSON there are no nodes". I stared at him with open mouth and widened eyes and interrupted him (one should not do that) - "How can you POSSIBLY say that? There are no nodes in XML either, it all depends on how we model the formats." Unfortunately, at this moment the elevator door opened and Michael stepped in (or out, I don't remember), and said "Goodnight!".