Re: [xml-dev] Static resolution of names is preferred over dynamicresolution of names

On 4/16/2016 10:00 AM, Michael Kay wrote:
The Namespaces in XML spec came from the XML Core working group. As
with the XML spec itself, the group chose (in my view unwisely) to
define a syntax with no underlying data model. This left other groups
to argue later about whether, for example, two documents that
differed only in the choice of namespace prefixes should be
considered equivalent.
I seem to remember that the namespace recommendation was very rushed, but I don't remember why that was thought to be necessary.

Tom Passin