Re: [xml-dev] ISO/IEC 19757-3:2016 Schematron second edition?

The 2006 edition of schematron came out in 2006, but it was largely based on Schematron circa 2003.

In 2007 I put out a request for suggestions to the public
http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/post/what_else_should_schematron_ha.html

In 2008 I submitted my ideas to the ISO group. You can hear the audio through the link. I requested more comments from the Schematron mail list etc.
http://www.eccnet.com/pipermail/schematron/2008-October/000061.html
I had implemented most of the changes in the Schematron.com version.

In 2010 I made a draft revision, and asked the community for comments.
http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2010/04/public-draft-of-next-generatio.html

The Working Group submitted it to international voting. It was accepted with conditional revisions by Japan on a particular explanatory issue relating to predicate logic.

At this stage, it stalled. [[I found it impossible to find anyone in Australia familiar enough with predicate logic syntax to get the parts that Japan was concerned about right: I finally found a prof at UNSW who would help, but I had conked out: it took multiple years to recover from my pericardial surgeries. My hard disk and my new backup drive failed, so I lost my sources: Murphy's law. Access to Schematron.com fell into a black hole as an ISP changed (no drama, but no resolution still) and I needed to concentrate on rebuilding my life: I think I worked pretty hard for the first decade of Schematron  from 1999 on Schematron, especially trying to list on my blog various techniques that otherwise someone might patent,  more work than I could do in the second decade.  (I have worked on using Schematron for three very large multi-year projects though: so it is still in my life.)]]

I did move the code to google.com but this needs to get moved to gitlab.

ISO standards are renewed every ten years. So the version that ISO has adopted as the 2016 standard is the 2010 revision. Hurray! I am often surprised where it is used, and thAt it really has a good life of its own without any push by me. For example, procurement : PEPPOL BIS v1- optional — PEPPOL | Pan-European Public Procurement Online.

Finally it is out: and a very big thanks to Murata-san and the WG for taking over and seeing it through  when I could not. And a bigger apology that I could not complete the last steps of the Editor's job as committed.

If you are looking at other extensions that build on Schematron: the two biggies are UBL code lists and W3CQuickFix.

Cheers
Rick