Re: [xml-dev] Incongruous UML data models and XSD data models

Very apt, Betty,

I have thought for a long time that a conceptual model - which may very well be in the form of an object-oriented model - should not commit one to a design or implementation model that is necessarily object-oriented. For example, one could have that object conceptual model but implement software in procedural C code.

This is because the high-level model should promote understanding of the job, while the design and implementation models have other goals.

The same can be true of the data implementation model (which might be in XML, JSON, or ...), which need not be isomorphic to the conceptual data model, as long as there is a reasonable mapping between them.

TomP