Re: [xml-dev] Handling an empty field, regardless of its XML representation

There is no such thing as an 'empty field' in Xml. 'Field' is a term from other technology.   There are empty elements or elements with content (text, data, mixed).

So you should not be too anoyed if there is not a way to express it in a single access

Is something like   not(B) or not (B/node())  enough to fit your definition of 'empty field'?

Regards
Rick