Re: [xml-dev] Converting a variety of data formats, containingvarious kinds of data into a common intermediate form

Yeah, that makes sense, my wording is bad but that's why I qualified
it with "reducible".... It sort of the same point you made about
normalization and binary relational models: given enough triples you
can relate anything to anything. However, to put your point another
way, that doesn't mean that any given canonical triple model
represents all the same metadata of another canonical triple model
representing the same data... You can then, of course, create the
triple model that is the intersection of these two models, ad
infinitum.  There are likely some group theory (or category theory)
answers to what such models would look like when they are isopmorphic,
but all your models have to form groups of the same size for my
original statement to be true.  Guess I'm spending too much time
dreaming of a world where Odersky's Dotty (or similar) is the
foundation for everything...
Peter Hunsberger