Re: [xml-dev] [off topic] recommendation for open source projecthosting

On Sat, 2016-10-08 at 15:52 +1100, Rick Jelliffe wrote:
> What would people recommend as a public repository for long term free
> hosting some small open source projects?

We've been using github successfully at W3C for a while. We "clone" the
repositories automatically and back them up ourselves, however.

I don't think it's possible to guarantee long-term stability with this
"Web" thingy. Instead, it's better to have plans in place to mitigate
problems that might arise from instabilities.

An advantage of git over CVS, for example, in this regard, is that
anyone who checks out the repository ("clones", in git terminology) has
a full copy.

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>