Re: [xml-dev] Schemaless XML?

While I do agree with Debbie's use case and the value of grammars in this
case as an analytic tool, just to be pedantic: in this case they are being
used as a way to capture a particular type of analysis and that same
analysis could be captured in other ways that might be just as useful for
communicating findings to clients or for subsequently evaluating the
results (e.g., how many of a particular combination pattern occurs).

That is, it's not the use of grammars here that's interesting but the
analysis those grammars reflect and the knowledge gained from the
analysis. That analysis might be more effectively presented or captured as
a spreadsheet or, dare I say it, a set of RDF triples in order to then try
to do some machine learning analysis, or any number of other forms that
provide a good match to the tools at hand and the skills, expertise, and
expectations of the people involved.

Cheers,

E.
--