Re: [xml-dev] SGML DTDs for HTML 5.1

> If you need to drop the multiple character once I'd just drop those rather than
> give them different definitions which leads to silent corruption.

Ok point taken. But what do you think of the couple entities that are
just variation sequences of their base code points such as caps/cups
(intersection/union) etc. These are pretty commonly used, and leaving
out U+FE00 VARIATION SELECTOR-1 on those, for all intents and
purposes, is equivalent to their use in variation sequences.

> That's a PoV I don't share!
Ok I'll just leave MathML in there. Subset customization works just
fine as it is, so no need to do anything about it.

Btw, do you know a recent SHORTREF map to use with MathML 3 (probably no ;).
From the MathML site/materials, I get that pre-MathML 1, there was an
inofficial SHORTREF map in use, but of course it was taken away b/c
XML.

I'm asking because years ago (I think it was around 2003) I had to
prepare a handout for a course I held, and remember me wanting to use
some math shorthand; back then I figured I could use pre-MathML
shortrefs, and came up with a notion of "infix" tags to be used in an
operator-precedence grammar (in addition to SGML's SHORTREFs); anyway,
it think it would be cool to have a generally useable shortref map for
casual math once again.