Re: [xml-dev] Re: Balisage 2017

Good point, but there is no way for Michael to get 'in harm's way', so a boycott even if puny and ill-directed on a single-person level is about the only concrete action, added to our prayers.

Along these lines, I have long avoided going anywhere that has an active capital punishment program or which locks up gays. I take flights to avoid certain hubs, even. Not because of 'that will show them' but because of solidarity.

(By the way, any people who are thinking of adopting nominal Islam out of solidarity (like Mde Albrecht has mooted), should be aware that this will change the laws that apply to them in many countries, to much stricter standards: you cannot necessarily opt out again.)

Regards
Rick