Re: [xml-dev] Proposed requirements on solutions that convertXML-illegal characters into XML

On 28 April 2017 at 08:18, Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Timothy,
   I've just checked the Char production of XML, and it allows the existence of Unicode code point for NUL character (i.e "\u0000").

Therefore I think, your XML and XSD example was right.

I apologize for my earlier mail, where I was disagreeing with you.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi

???? the fact that \u0000 is legal character data is nothing to do with whether NUL is allowed in XML (which it isn't) the point of Roger's original mail is that \u0000 is, as far as XML is concerned, simply the 6 characters \ u 0 0 0 0 0  .  It is not a reference to character 0 in XML itself  although of course an application may choose to interpret "\u0000" or "NUL" or anything else as character 0 when processing the XML content.

David