Re: [xml-dev] spam (was Re: it is simply divine)

Hmm, notoriety that I don't want!

The real Stephen Cameron

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Amelia A Lewis <amyzing@talsever.com> wrote:
Heyo.

Is there a list moderator available on the list, who could perhaps do
something to prevent this subscriber address: awebber@wwwebbers.com
from posting, or could place the address into moderation? Today the
address has been twice associated with spam postings, one of which has
*my* name attached, the other Stephen Cameron's. I don't think that
either I or Stephen are compromised. I can't tell from the headers
whether the spammer is posting from wwwebbers.com (the mail *does* have
a Message-ID with an @wwwebbers.com suffix, but that's not probative).

I apologize to list members for adding to the noise, but I'm afraid
that I found no obvious list-administrator address to contact. Also, I
suppose, I wanted to shriek, in outrage, "this isn't me, dammit!" Hope
y'all have a nice weekend despite the extra crap in you mailbox (and if
your spam-traps caught the original, good on you and *sigh* for me, I
guess).

On Fri, 12 May 2017 21:09:08 -0200, Amelia A Lewis wrote:
> Greetings,

Oh, and also:

> Best wishes, Amelia A Lewis

I don't sign my name like that, 'kay? 'Kay.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.org
Confidence: a feeling peculiar to the stage just before full