Re: [xml-dev] XML vs JSON

While we are on the subject of programming languages perhaps this pithy observation by James Fuller  might divert attention back to the the heart of the issue.

There is a difference between a lazy Perl programmer and a lazy _javascript_ programmer.

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Peter Flynn <peter@silmaril.ie> wrote:
On 21/08/17 18:04, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 12:47 PM, Peter Flynn <peter@silmaril.ie> wrote:
>
>     [...] The most frequently-quoted objection was "IDs have to start
>     with a letter? What kind of **** is this? Ours all begin with digits..."
>
> None of C++, Java, _javascript_ or Python allow you to start an ID with a
> digit.

Yes, but [I hope] no-one uses IDs in programming languages themselves to
store real-world object types (parts in a warehouse, for example).

Whereas with XML being touted as a way to store *data*, there was
potential for this conflict.

///Peter