Re: [xml-dev] What is beautiful XML?

Extending a little:

What is a "beautiful XPath expression"?
What is a beautiful XSLT transformation?
A beautiful XML-processing problem and beautiful solutions to it?
A beautiful schema definition of an XML document? Is the document or
the schema "beautiful" :)

For me "beautiful" is by definition something compared to another
thing. Beauty is in the right proportions -- consider Fibonacci's
(golden) section. Something, that loses value when adjusted even a
little bit ...

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 10:04 AM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> What do you mean by ‘beautiful XML’?
> Perhaps you mean something analogous to this:
> A question I’d asked senior scientists when in college: “What do you mean by
> ‘beautiful’?” Replies had varied, but a synopsis had crystallized:
> “Beautiful science enables us to explain a lot with a little.” Schrodinger’s
> equation, which describes how quantum systems evolve, fits on one line. [1]
> Is beautiful XML that which says a lot with a little? If so, would you
> provide an example, please?
> If that’s not what you mean by ‘beautiful XML,’ then what do you mean?
> /Roger
> http://www.preposterousuniverse.com/blog/2018/01/29/guest-post-nicole-yunger-halpern-on-what-makes-extraordinary-science-extraordinary/

Dimitre Novatchev
Never fight an inanimate object