Re: [xml-dev] How to represent mixed content in JSON and JSON Schema?

On 13/07/2018 02:29, Amelia A Lewis wrote:

I can't imagine how the Perl code you describe handled mixed content,
though. Did it just not support it? Concatenate all the text nodes (or
better: throw away all the text nodes after the first, or replace the
m_text members value with each new text node, effectively discarding
all but the last) and set them as an m_text member, separate from the
m_children hash, which contained only elements? And how did it
distinguish between replacing a child versus multiple children of the
same name? Oh, well ... long ago, in a different country, and the code
is dead, I suppose.
Long ago, in Japan, in the SGML days, and the code is now long dead, we
set up to use the Integrated Chameleon Architecture (ICA) [1] to
transform our SGML into different markup. The first time that we ran a
document with Japanese text through it, it output all of the tags
followed by all of the text.

The simple fix, tried out of desperation, was to configure the 'flex'
lexical analyser generator inside ICA to use 8-bit characters instead of
7-bit. Life pre-Unicode really was a different country.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
--
Senior Architect