XML -> SGML serialization. Any ideas ?

Hello,

I have to give data to a very old application, which can only read SGML.

My data structure is really simple (records of filename, title), but contains characters that are not ASCII. So I have to translate them to use entities (I think SGML has a set of declared entities for characters with accents, as é, @agrave;, and so on).

I'd like the file could be read by XML parsers too, and I'm looking for a method to produce an XML that is also SGML. I think to use XSL with characters map, but how could I define the embeded DTD, with all entities defined ?

Any ideas ?

Best regards,
Christophe