Re: [xml-dev] Understanding the scope of XML catalog

On 02.03.2019 17:29, G. Ken Holman wrote:
Thank you!

Your thinking of alternatives also leads me to consider including an NVDL schema in the distribution. Then users can use that one schema to validate any XML document.

A quick search, though, doesn't help me find any examples of command-line NVDL processors that I could include as a JAR file in the UBL distribution. The 20151127 jing that I found appears to take in only an RELAX-NG argument as input.
Yes. I believe the jing version that you mentioned and maybe a more up-to-date version that is also maintained/patched by the oXygen folks is the only viable NVDL validator available. I think it does neither XSD nor ISO Schematron validations. Of course you can try to convert all XSDs to RNGs. We are using some msv-rngconverter-2013.2.jar for it, but it doesn't always work out of the box.

Gerrit