Re: The problems and the future of the web and a formal internet technology proposal

Hello, and first, let me say that I appreciate the work which you did, while at W3C to advance the Semantic Web, and related technologies.

You state that

I saw the message; it really wasn't clear to me at all, and i think you
have some misconceptions about W3C that might be getting in the way,
too.
If it wasn't clear, please ask for any clarifications needed which I will supply to the best of my capabilities.

You also state that:
Today, the value of marked-up documents for information, and not hard-
wired programs, is huge.
You were the one working to advance the Semantic Web, XML/XPath, XSLT, RDF/RDFa and so on. You must have realized that the termination of a significant part of the Semantic Web effort, and the switch to HTML5/JSON/javascript and related technologies (which are really trying to bring software running in the browser, to turn the web into an online services platform), was a huge change of direction that took us away from that. This is the very reason why I am bringing all this up. It would be best to have one platform based on the very work which you were advanced when at W3C (the Semantic Web, XML/XPath, XSLT, RDF/RDFa and so on) and another for this "online service platform" (but not based on HTML5/JSON/javascript) instead of one single general purpose monster.

Raphaël Hendricks