Re: The problems and the future of the web and a formal internettechnology proposal

[replying only on xml-dev]

On Mon, 2021-01-04 at 18:12 -0500, Raphaël Hendricks wrote:

> You also state that:
> > Today, the value of marked-up documents for information, and not
> > hard-
> > wired programs, is huge.
> You were the one working to advance the Semantic Web, XML/XPath,
> XSLT, RDF/RDFa and so on.

No, i was never part of the Semantic Web. I was opposed to RDF because
i felt it lacked the suport nedded for attribution - the Provenance
group later did excellent work in that area for Linked Data, however.

> You must have realized that the termination
> of a significant part of the Semantic Web effort, and the switch to
> HTML5/JSON/javascript and related technologies

There has been no such termination and switch. Also, JSON came from
IETV via Doug Crockford, not from W3C. For that matter WhatWG was
started outside W3C.

As for a separate platform for distributing code, this sounds like Saas
and PaaS. How would it differ?

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org