Re: [xml-dev] What characters can go into a CDATA section and acomment? (I found inconsistencies)

CDATA sections are another thing that modern programming languages are finally adding, like annotations, in part under the influence of markup and templating languages.

For example, Scala or Java 15 text blocks
  """
    I am any old text } { even delimiters
    But not the leading and trailing newline
 """

This makes it much easier to have large chunks of markup in computer code, so it probably eats at one of XSLT's selling points.

Rick