Re: [xml-dev] The remarkable similarities between XSLT and Flex/Lex

On 24/06/2022 12:00, Dave Pawson wrote:
You surprise me Michael. I thought James was a single author behind
both of those (at least 1.0).
From http://www.jclark.com/dsssl/norway/history.html [1], the DSSSL
committee started in 1988 and there was a Draft International Standard
in 1991 before James Clark joined in 1992.

My understanding is that DSSSL changed a whole lot between the first DIS
and DSSSL as we know/knew it, but there was definitely people, not just
person, involved.  As there would have been for XSLT.  XPath 1.0 [2] was
the joint work of the XSL and XLink WGs and has two editors: James Clark
and Steve DeRose.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
--