Re: [xml-dev] Please stop writing specifications that cannot beparsed/processed by software

> I have a hypothesis that such wilfully-ignorant, non-geeky, non-hackery, people
> are becoming less influential, less attractive, and rarer:

I recall a brilliant young musician who took over directing an amateur choir at the age of 22. Three years later, when he moved on to higher things, he talked at his leaving party about what he had learnt: "I came here thinking that if someone didn't know what a hemiola was, he must be stupid. Then I realised he was a professor of theoretical physics."

It's not that people are stupid, it's that they are expert in a different domain; and some of them are rightly impatient of the hoops we expect them to jump through to use the tools we provide.

Michael Kay
Saxonica