← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

DITA 1.3 FEATURE REQUEST: <gloss-sort-as>

From
Gershon Joseph (gerjosep) <>
Date
2009-07-20T12:06:10+00:00
ID
Thread
DITA 1.3 FEATURE REQUEST: <gloss-sort-as>
Hi 
all,

 

At our 
previous DITA Adoption TC meeting, one of the DITA-OT developers pointed out 
that the new glossary markup does not address sorting the glossary entries. I 
would like to add a discussion of this item to a future DITA TC meeting for 
consideration. I don't expect this to make it into DITA 1.2, but rather have us 
discuss it and decide whether to add it to our 1.3 list or reject 
it.

 

Thanks,

Gershon

From: Gershon Joseph (gerjosep) 
Sent: 
Monday, July 13, 2009 3:15 PM
To: Joe Gelb; 

Cc: JoAnn Hackos
Subject: 
RE: [dita-adoption] glossary support

Hi 
Joe,

 

I'll 
take the sort as issue to the TC. Thanks for pointing it 
out.

 

Many 
of the new elements in the glossary spec require quite a lot of specialized 
processing, so tools will need to support them. I'd need to remind myself on how 
much is normative -- I expect most if not all of the processing requirements 
would be non-normative, in which case tools can do what they 
want.

 

Gershon

From: Joe Gelb [mailto:] 

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 5:29 PM
To: 

Cc: 'JoAnn Hackos'; Gershon Joseph 
(gerjosep)
Subject: [dita-adoption] glossary 
support

Hi,

I’m not sure if I will be able to 
make today’s call (or at least not the whole thing) but I wanted to give an 
answer to the group about the glossary 1.2 spec support in the current 1.5M10 FO 
plug-in.

Basically: there is nearly 0% 
support added in up to now. However, since all the elements are specialized from 
something else, it could be that there would be reasonable behavior without 
doing much – would need to get tested with some real content. This is aside from 
any specific best practice behaviors specified in the spec that would require 
complex processing.

Although I am fairly certain we do 
have code for implementing glossaries, we have not yet hit upon any customers 
who asked for this implementation, so we do not have anything ready for 
contribution on this at this point. However, we did have a customer who needed 
something that was not included 
in this spec, <gloss-sort-as>, which we did in fact implement. Perhaps 
someone on the dita architecture committee (or whoever created this spec) can 
suggest including this.

Hope this 
helps.

Joe

 

Joe Gelb
President, 
Suite Solutions
Member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
Telephone: +972-2-993-8054
Fax: 
+972-50-896-4438
U.S. Telephone: 609-360-0650
http://www.suite-sol.com

FOR 
UPCOMING DITA TRAINING SESSIONS:

http://www.suite-sol.com/pages/services/services_training.html
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread