Re: [dita] DITA 1.3 FEATURE REQUEST: <gloss-sort-as>

From
Eliot Kimber <>
Date
2009-07-20T13:05:40+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [dita] DITA 1.3 FEATURE REQUEST: <gloss-sort-as>
On 7/20/09 7:05 AM, "Gershon Joseph (gerjosep)" <> wrote:

> Hi all,
>  
> At our previous DITA Adoption TC meeting, one of the DITA-OT developers
> pointed out that the new glossary markup does not address sorting the
> glossary entries. I would like to add a discussion of this item to a
> future DITA TC meeting for consideration. I don't expect this to make it
> into DITA 1.2, but rather have us discuss it and decide whether to add

I'm pretty sure that glossary sorting, and in fact a general solution for
collation of anything that might reasonably be sorted, is already logged as
an issue for 1.3--see the comments for the index-sort-as element new with
1.2.

It is definitely an important issue that needs to be addressed in 1.3.

Cheers,

E.
 

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:   <mailto:>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>