Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [dita] Small Omission in 1.3 DTD Catalogs

From
Eliot Kimber <>
Date
2016-01-26T14:10:12+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [dita] Small Omission in 1.3 DTD Catalogs
I have also corrected this locally and can commit to SVN upon TC approval.

Cheers,

E.
----
Eliot Kimber, Owner
Contrext, LLC
http://contrext.com




On 1/25/16, 7:34 PM, "Eliot Kimber" < on behalf
of > wrote:

>I discovered today that there is no catalog entry in the entity resolution
>catalog for the topicDefn.ent file, which is referenced from the topic.mod
>file.
>
>This is because there is no corresponding RNG module (it's simply not
>needed, topicDefn.ent is a side effect of how entities work in DTDs and
>really shouldn't have been done that way in the first place but it's the
>way it's always been done so here we are).
>
>This doesn't affect anyone just using the normal OASIS-provided shells and
>won't affect most people creating custom shells or custom topic types.
>
>I only noticed it because the D4P topic specializations refer to
>topicDefn.ent directly, rather than letting topic.mod refer to it.
>
>The fix is simply to add the required catalog entries to the catalog.xml
>file in the dtd/base directory.
>
>I still need to determine if there's even a reason for the D4P DTDs to be
>set up this way--it's something I did a very long time ago and never
>questioned.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Eliot
>----
>Eliot Kimber, Owner
>Contrext, LLC
>http://contrext.com
>
>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
>generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
>https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php
>
>
Next in thread → Next in month →