← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

RFE 144 and 145

From
Michael Smith <>
Date
2001-03-22T10:28:17+00:00
ID
Thread
RFE 144 and 145
Hello all,

I'd like to formally request that we re-open RFE 144 for discussion.

I recognize the need for document authors to be able to mark up
introductory text so that it travels with the list it introduces--
also the need for text that _follows_ a list to optionally travel with
it too-- but I don't understand why it can't be handled with the
existing list content models; for example, by marking it up like this:

  <para>The current implementation of the product does not yet
  fully support the following items:

    <itemizedlist>
      <listitem>
       <para>namespace attribute inheritance</para>
      </listitem>
      <listitem>
        <para>nested grammars</para>
      </listitem>
      <listitem>
        <para>parent attribute on the ref element</para>
      </listitem>
    </itemizedlist>

  However, those items will be supported in future versions.
  </para>

Are there case where that's not adequate?

I have other reasons in mind for why the list content models shouldn't
change, and also for why the <procedure> structure shouldn't be used
as a model for other elements, but I'll hold off on them for now.
Instead of trying to pour it all into one message, I'd rather get a
discussion going first and hear everyone else's ideas on this.

  --Mike Smith
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread