← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

Alternative to sections in procedures

From
Norman Walsh <>
Date
2001-03-22T16:06:09+00:00
ID
Thread
Alternative to sections in procedures
I was thinking about the problem of titles and the semantics of
(simple)section and sidebar.

I wonder if the following element would help:

  <!ELEMENT topic (%optional-title;, (%simplesect-content-model;)+, topic*)>

This could be allowed everywhere that sidebar is, for example, and
would allow you to have a sidebar-like thing without the semantics of
Sidebar.  I also think this could be useful for the folks interested
in doing online help.

Does this help the procedure case at all:

  <topic><title>Some title</title>
    <procedure>
      ...
    </procedure>
    <topic><title>See Also</title>
      ...
    </topic>
  </topic>

It's really a sort of floating section (the DIV-like thing we've discussed
before), but "topic" is a much better name, IMHO.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

-- 
Norman Walsh <>      | The Future is something which
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | everyone reaches at the rate of
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | sixty minutes an hour, whatever he
                                   | does, whoever he is.--C. S. Lewis
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →