Re: [xml-dev] Parsing XML with anything but
Hi Simon,
I just read your opinion piece and have commented, relating it to the issue of managing risk, with a link to another opinion piece:http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/02/13/microsofts-excel-might-be-the-most-dangerous-software-on-the-planet/
I am intereted in your thoughts on this issue, a case of 'enough knowledge to be dangerous' maybe? Which I think is what Gareth expressed well enough, we are not all 'professional' journalists.
On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 6:09 AM, Simon St.Laurent <[email protected]> wrote:
On 12/11/13 10:15 PM, Ihe Onwuka wrote:We agree completely on that, though I suspect I'm more concerned specifically about the tone ("sounds like") of the conversation.
Yes I know that sounds like lecturing and paternalistic sanctimony.
For a more detailed telling of what I'm up to, using part of this conversation as an example of the problems this causes, see:
<http://programming.oreilly.com/2013/12/bringing-programming-out-of-its-temples.html>
This conversation, after it wandered from your original question, was one small piece of that, but wow did it fit painfully well.
Thanks,
--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/
_______________________________________________________________________
XML-DEV is a publicly archived, unmoderated list hosted by OASIS
to support XML implementation and development. To minimize
spam in the archives, you must subscribe before posting.
[Un]Subscribe/change address: http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/
Or unsubscribe: [email protected].org
subscribe: [email protected].org
List archive: http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
List Guidelines: http://www.oasis-open.org/maillists/guidelines.php