From: Scott Prentice [mailto:sp@leximation.com]
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 10:26 AM
To: dita-fa-edboard@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [dita-fa-edboard] FW: DITA FA logo design

This is a great start, and gives us something to talk about .. thanks Bruce!

I think it could lose the "Darwin Info..." line .. no matter what we do it
will be too small to be very legible, and isn't likely to convince someone
to click the button if they weren't going to in the first place.

One thing you might try is to remove the "Darwin Info...", make the OASIS
logo fill the left from top to bottom, and put "FOCUS AREA" where "Darwin
Info..." was (under "DITA XML.ORG"), all the while keeping the sizes of
each piece balanced (I know, that's easy to say ..). You could see what it
would be like to provide one that says "FOCUS AREA SPONSOR" since that
line of text will be pretty stretched out anyway. The overall size could
be reduced, as long as it's OK for the "OASIS STANDARD" text to become
virtually illegible .. "STANDARD" is pretty much there already.

Just some suggestions .. it's hard to say without actually seeing it.

...scott