From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 8:51 AM
To: dita-fa-edboard@lists.xml.org
Subject: [dita-fa-edboard] DITA tag line

DITA XML.org Focus Area Editorial Board:

We hope to transition to the new site design early next week (you may
note some
disruption over the weekend).

The new design (http://dita-staging.xml.org) features a "Learn more" box
in the
right column that provides an extra link into the Knowledge Base. The
box
design that's there now is only preliminary. (I know, the background is
way too
distracting.)

I'd like to create a box with a style similar to the "The Gilbane
Report...the
most widely read newsletter..." box at
http://lighthouseseminars.com/washingtondc/index.html. I think it would
help if
we could feature a VERY BRIEF, benefit-oriented definition of DITA in
this box,
along the order of Gilbane's "The most widely read newletter covering
content
management technologies."

If you had to provide a compelling statement about DITA in ten words or
less,
what would it be? I came up with a few options, but you guys are the
experts,
so I'm open to any other ideas:

<DITA LOGO>
Building content
reuse into the
authoring process

<DITA LOGO>
For content that's
topic-oriented,
information-typed
and re-usable

<DITA LOGO>
The XML-based, end-to-end
architecture for producing
technical information
<rule>

In our Focus Area box, this statement would be followed by a rule with
"Learn
more" linked to KB.

If we can agree on a meaningful tagline, we could use it other places,
such as
on the DITA logo gear on cafepress.

Thanks,
Carol