FW: DITA Storm Acquisition

FYI, looks like our newest OASIS Sponsor just acquired DITA Storm.

--c

-----Original Message-----
From: Jester, Kelly [mailto:kjester@inmedius.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 11:04 AM
To: Carol Geyer
Subject: DITA Storm Acquisition

Hi Carol,

Please find below the press release regarding the acquisition of DITA Storm
(www.ditastorm.com <http://www.ditastorm.com/> ) by Inmedius.  I have been so
busy with preparing for this that I still have to gotten a chance to register
with dita.xml.org.  I have it on my plans to do today.

Thanks,

Kelly

InmediusR Enters DITA-Based Software Market with Acquisition of DITA StormT

Complete Browser-Based DITA XML Editing Environment

Pittsburgh, PA - October 16, 2007  Inmedius, Inc. is pleased to announce the
acquisition of LogPerspective's DITA Storm, a full-featured DITA editing tool
that enables authors to easily create DITA-compliant content in WYSIWYG mode
regardless of their DITA XML knowledge.  The editing environment is 100%
browser-based, requiring no timely or costly client installations or updates,
and is completely customizable for a superior DITA user experience.

DITA, (Darwin Information Typing Architecture) is an XML-based, end-to-end
architecture for creating topic-oriented, information-typed content that can be
reused and single-sourced in multiple ways.  This architecture consists of a
set of design principles for creating "information-typed" modules at a topic
level and for using that content in delivery modes such as online help and
product support portals on the Web.

"I am pleased that DITA Storm has been acquired by a company that will help to
expand its global adoption," stated Alex Karezin, creator of DITA Storm at
LogPerspective.  "With offices and representation on four continents, Inmedius
can support multi-national companies with ease, placing them in a small
minority of players in this marketplace."  Alex Karezin will join Inmedius as
Senior Product Architect to further its global expansion with the creation of
new products, which includes a future solution combining DITA authoring and
publishing in one low-cost application.

"There are very few truisms in business, but certainly one of them is having
the brightest people who create innovative and useful products to drive a
successful company," stated Gary L. Schaffer, President and CEO, Inmedius.
"DITA Storm fills an important void in the current market between the legacy
XML companies, including AdobeR (Nasdaq: ADBE) and PTCR (Nasdaq: PMTC)
Arbortext product lines. In each case, these companies have excellent products,
but the barriers to entry for new authors, engineers, or even expert users to
create technical documentation are very high. We feel that DITA Storm's
browser-based platform with WYSIWYG-authoring is a winning strategy to greatly
expand the adoption rates of the DITA XML standard.  This newly acquired
authoring platform fits perfectly with our strategic vision of creating
XML-based solutions."

DITA Storm will be available for purchase worldwide through Inmedius'
international network of offices and resellers.  To learn more about DITA
Storm, visit www.ditastorm.com <http://www.ditastorm.com/>  where you can view
detailed product information.

About Inmedius  Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA with offices in Canada, the
United Kingdom, Germany and India, Inmedius is a global leader in delivering
performance-oriented applications that capture, create, manage, and deploy
technical information assets.  Integrating those information assets within
business processes, using state-of-the-art workflow and collaborative
techniques, is an Inmedius hallmark.  Providing lifecycle solutions to
aerospace, defense, and technical publications organizations worldwide,
Inmedius enables its clients to share an unprecedented level of productivity
and efficiency - empowering every corner of the organization.  www.inmedius.com
<http://www.inmedius.com/>

Inmedius is a registered trademark and DITA Storm is a trademark of Inmedius,
Inc.  All other companies' names, products, trademarks and service marks are
property of their respective holders.  Companies mentioned do not imply
endorsement.