From: Bruce Esrig [mailto:esrig-ia@esrig.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 5:36 AM
To: Carol Geyer; 'Su-Laine Yeo'
Cc: 'DITA Editorial Board'
Subject: RE: [dita-fa-edboard] RE: Categories on DITA XML.org

Wow, that maintenance strategy  (in Su-Laine's message "Removing the book
hierarchy on DITA Wiki   pages") seems promising.

1. Looking at the site, there are a lot of improvements. Kudos for that.

2. How do I tag an iterm? Honestly, I looked for it and couldn't find it.

3. I took a look in the taxonomy manager and I see multiple vocabularies.

In building the tagging vocabulary, would it make sense to echo the other
vocabularies by embedding them and their constituent terms in hierarchical
categories in the tagging vocabulary? (I haven't learned yet how to nest
categories ... ref: http://drupal.org/handbook/modules/taxonomy
.)

Would it be smart to merge the other vocabularies in completely and
eliminate them as separate vocabularies?

4. I tried the usergroups tag, and didn't notice the "Read more" link.
Could we put "More ..." at the end of the article, or make "Read more" more
prominent in some other way? Even changing the text to "More ..." might
help, since that's a common idiom.

5. The top few SEO items ("Cool site stats") suggest good tags: training,
ant, cms, editor, opentoolkit, tutorial, tools, OASIS.

6. Are we going with run-together words? I don't want to alienate people by
getting too didactic, but we could start a lower camelCase spelling
convention if we wanted to.

Bruce