DITA XML.org Events--time field

The UBL XML.org EdBoard has decided to remove the hour and minute fields from their Events submission form. Do we want to do the same for the DITA XML.org Events form (http://dita.xml.org/node/add/calendar-event)?

Their rationale is:
-most events are all-day, so the hour and minute fields aren't relevant

-people trying to post conferences dislike having to track down the exact hour-minute info--they often skip over it and the default 00:00 appears

-if we eliminate hours-minute field, then single-day events won't need to repeat the date info (e.g. http://dita.xml.org/calendar-event/dita-structured-authoring-class versus http://ubl.xml.org/calendar-event/third-cen-industry-conference-on-electronic-invoicing)

For webinars, where time is meaningful, it can be easily entered as part of the "Description" field.

If you feel strongly about keeping the hour-minute field, let me know. Otherwise, I'll ask Jose to remove it.

Thanks,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications