   Re: Problems with Entities (was re:Embed and validation)

  • From: "Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@allette.com.au>
  • To: "james anderson too" <mecom-gmbh@mixx.de>, <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 02:43:50 +1100

> From: james anderson too <mecom-gmbh@mixx.de>

> why do inline declarations need an additional operator? what's wrong with
> allowing element - or, in a similar sense, entity declarations - to appear with
> their  standard syntax?

That all has to be discussed.  (I really shouldnt have mentioned that, I find
it confusing enough trying to keep up with the latest XML draft, let alone
all the suggestions being considered for SGML!  There is a big back catalog of
changes that WG4 has approved for the revision. The ones with a specific
correlation to XML have been expedited for WebSGML [the update to SGML]
so that XML and SGML will be in synch.)

Rick Jelliffe

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest