   Re: XSchema Question 1: RDF

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@quake.net>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 18:14:01 -0700

I would recommend that we stay clear of RDF for now for three reasons:

First, RDF is a much more complex specification which is still being
defined.  Unless we can identify a simple and stable subset of RDF to base
XSchema on, we will end up requiring all XSchema-compliant tools to be
RDF-compliant as well.

Second, we will be moving much faster than RDF effort and we need as much
room as possible away from any large slow moving body like RDF.

Three, I do not fully understand RDF.  The spec starts off simple and
elegant but ends up complicated and artificial.  No offense to RDF WG.  It
usually happens when a concept is too useful.

Regards,

Don Park
http://www.docuverse.com/personal/index.html

(un)subscribe xml-dev