   Re: XSchema Question 1: RDF

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 14:45:38

At 12:24 30/05/98, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:
><?xml:namespace name="http://www.xml.org/XSC/some/where" prefix="XSC?>
><!DOCTYPE GREET:greetings SYSTEM "greetings.dtd">
><GREET:greetings xml:lang="fr">
>  <XSC:ElementType id="GREET:phrase">
>    <XSC:Attribute id="xml:lang">
>      <XSC:Type>CDATA</XSC:Type>
>      <XSC:Default>en</XSC:Default>
>    </XSC:Attribute>
>  </XSC:ElementType>
>  <GREET:phrase>Hello world!</GREET:phrase>
>  <GREET:phrase xml:lang="fr">Bonjour Tristesse</GREET:phrase>
></GREET:greetings>

After I had posted this I thought that I might be getting too ambitious
with this example and I hope that Simon asks us:

"Do we wish to see XSchema fragments in a document instance?"

If we vote 'yes' then there could be a good case for us making them use RDF
syntax, whereas if the XSchema is *external* to the document there is less
case (IMO) for using RDF.

By trying to show how simple XSchemas might be used we shall get a clearer
idea of where our problems lie. Personally I like concrete examples so I
can see how things will work and what problems I'm likely to run into. I
know that not everyone works this way :-) and that others prefer an
abstract formalism.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg