   Re: WebStandards.org

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo@hesketh.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 18:40:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Tim Bray wrote:
> At 11:08 PM 8/7/98 -0400, Frank Boumphrey wrote:
> >why did'nt you tell us about this.
> >We should all support it.
> >http://www.webstandards.org
>
> Gimme a break, just found out about it at noon Friday.  Yes, I think
> it's a worthwhile effort.  It's not my idea, the other guys on
> the list dreamed it up and launched it. -T.

Just a quick note - the Industry Standard story broke a little early.
The official launch date wasn't supposed to be until Monday. So, please
don't harrass Jeffrey Zeldman and the rest with complaints, bug reports,
etc. until sometime Monday afternoon ;)

I was involved at the beginning, though I can't take credit for much.
You can all do your part by joining the discussion, using one of the
banner ads, etc. We've gotten some good support, from PR companies
and so forth, and may stand a chance at making a difference.

Steve

--
http://a.jaundicedeye.com     <-- rants and writings
http://hesketh.com/schampeo/  <-- projects and info