Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: Clark Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "XML Developers' List" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:37:05 +0000
I think it would be better to start with Requirements,
then some Analysis instead of jumping straight to Design.
So that I'm not stopping the show, here are
nice things that I'd like to see:
1. A mechanism to include multiple observers
in parallel. If this dosn't already work.
2. A way to register said observers for particular
events, e.g., an "event mask".
3. Complete capababilities management.
3.1. I'd rather not ask the SAX driver if it
supports events X,Y,Z,P,D,Q. I'd like
a more "package" oriented mechanism.
3.2 Versioning of these packages and events.
4. Event stack support.
5. Event re-write engine.
5. An on-line web site database publishing all
custom event generators from various vendors.
6. Complete DOM integration?? *smirk*
Some of these are a bit far-out, but it's hard
to know what the "specific goals" of SAX 1.1 are.
Thus, some type of requirement document followed
by perhaps some use cases would be illustrative.
Sorry to be a pain,
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
To (un)subscribe, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:email@example.com)