   XML Information Set Requirements and XP

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:29:14 -0500

At 10:41 AM 2/19/99 -0800, Jeffrey E. Sussna wrote:
>I completely agree with Clark. As someone working with real-time XML
>streams, I think this is very important. In particular, the whole
>notion of "document" needs to be thought through very carefully in
>the context of 1999, rather than the context of 1990 when SGML was

One sign of how much the context has changed is this proposal for using XML
as the foundation for a network protocol:  XP, the Extensible Protocol.

Other proposals, like XML-RPC, have gone similar places, but this is really
_wide_ open.  Interesting food for thought.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (April)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)