   Re: ModSAX (SAX 1.1) Proposal

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@quake.net>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 00:29:22 -0800

>But SAX already uses java.lang.String.  How will avoiding

I agree that the use of String marks SAX as being Java-dependent but Object
issue is different because there is no obvious replacement for Object.  One
could use LPVOID for C/C++ but what about other languages?  Anyway, this
issue is not a clear cut issue so I don't think there is much point on going
further with it.

>parser.setHandler("org.xml.sax.namespace", nsHandler);
>
>Now the handler org.xml.sax.namespace will need to be of some specific
>type, org.xml.sax.NamespaceHandler, say.  What needs to be checked is
>that nsHandler is of type org.xml.sax.NamespaceHandler.  Using
>ModHandler doesn't do that.

It does if org.xml.sax.NamespaceHandler implements ModHandler.

public class NamespaceHandler implements ModHandler {}

ModParser parser;
try
{
    parser.setHandler("org.xml.sax.namespace", new NamespaceHandler());
}
catch (Exception ex)
{}

Don Park