   RE: Announcement: XML Infoset Requirements Published

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: "XML Developers' List" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 10:30:37 -0500 (EST)

Michael.Kay@icl.com writes:

 > I'm a suspicious sort of bloke: what inference can I make from the
 > absence of any reference to Namespaces in these requirements?

It means that the WG could declare victory without specific namespace
support if it wanted to.  XML 1.0 is the bottom layer (a la IP), and
Namespaces form a higher layer (a la TCP), and the Infoset could end
up working at either level; what will actually come out is yet to be
decided, and the WG's current thinking on the subject is unfortunately
subject to the W3C's member confidentiality rules.

All the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/

(un)subscribe xml-dev