Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: Ralph Ferris <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:20:35 -0500
The latest version of Fujitsu's "HyBrick" browser, V0.82, with expanded
support for XLink/XPointer, is now available from Fujitsu Software
Corporation's Web site at:
New XLink/XPointer related features include:
- XLink/XPointer error/warning info is shown in the error list dialog.
Note: The HyBrick V0.8 XPointer interpreter permits whitespace to be
included in an XPointer string - illegal, according to the XPointer WD. The
XPointer interpreter has been fixed accordingly and XPointers containing
whitespace will now generate error messages.
- A "Document Group" sub-menu has been added in the "XLink/XPointer" menu.
Users can now navigate between inter-linked documents by using Document
Groups as well as through individual links. (Right mouse-button click on
links to see this menu.)
- In the "select link" dialog, link element "role" values are displayed
instead of GIs. This feature, as well as the "Document Group" display
feature, are particularly useful for creating and navigating "Topic Maps."
- The mouse cursor now changes its shape over links.
Other new features:
- If multiple stylesheet PIs are present, users are presented with a dialog
box to select the stylesheet they want to use. This feature, which was
demonstrated in the first version of HyBrick, has been re-enabled in this one.
- "Reload hubdocument" and "Close window" functions have been added.
Installing and Using HyBrick:
- HyBrick is supplied as a self-extracting file for Windows 95 and Windows NT.
- Once the files are installed, start HyBrick from the bin directory.
- Use the "Browse" button to locate the file
Samples\XLink-sample\readme.xml or Samples\XLink-sample\leeme.xml (Spanish).
Note: Our thanks to Sr. Diego Antona Archilla, UNAM, for providing
Spanish-language translations of the HyBrick sample files.
Ralph E. Ferris
Fujitsu Software Corporation
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:email@example.com
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
To (un)subscribe, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)