   Re: IE5.0 does not conform to RFC2376

  • From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ifi.uio.no>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: 21 Mar 1999 18:50:36 +0100

* MURATA Makoto

| However, IE 5.0 appears to always ignore the charset parameter and
| use the BOM or encoding declaration only.  Therefore, IE 5.0 does
| not conform to RFC 2376.

MSIE has been notorious for years for ignoring the Content-type header
field as well and instead uses some kind of internal logic to figure
out the format of the resource. It may be worth your while to check
whether this applies to XML as well. (I don't have IE5 installed.)

--Lars M.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)