OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help



   Re: Suggestions

[ Lists Home | Date Index | Thread Index ]
  • From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@jtauber.com>
  • To: "Scott Deboy" <SCODEB@saif.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:31:15 +0800

> Thanks for the suggestions, James
> Yes, this is 80% of what I'm looking for.  The other 20% is:
> If I could 'include' a reference to the optional paragraph (which will
> in a database) instead of directly embedding it in the XSL template (I
> to reuse the same optional paragraph in a number of documents).
> What if I store the paragraph references as database selects in the XSL
> template and do the work of retrieving them from the database before the
> engine does its work?  Is there a better way?

What you might do is "construct" the XSL stylesheet by piecing together
things in the database. You can do this just with your file system by using
entities, seeing as XSL stylesheets are XML documents.

> It sounds like it's time to read up on XSL.

You won't regret it :-)


xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo@ic.ac.uk the following message;
(un)subscribe xml-dev
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo@ic.ac.uk the following message;
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)


News | XML in Industry | Calendar | XML Registry
Marketplace | Resources | MyXML.org | Sponsors | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2001 XML.org. This site is hosted by OASIS