Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: Scott Deboy <SCODEB@saif.com>
- To: 'James Tauber' <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:33:03 -0700
It sounds like my questions are all FAQs.
I'm running through the xml-dev archives (the search engine sucks) and have
found a few threads on compound/compositional documents, dynamic DTDs,
transclusion and storing XML 'documents' in a relational database.
It appears I have a number of choices available when it comes down to
actually building XML dynamically, including XLL (TRANSCLUDE?) and XSL.
I'm still trying to find a good resource to discuss these issues which
obviously appear on the list month after month.
Any other points GREATLY appreciated -
> From: James Tauber[SMTP:email@example.com]
> Sent: April 14, 1999 9:31 AM
> To: Scott Deboy
> Cc: XML-Dev Mailing list
> Subject: Re: Suggestions
> > Thanks for the suggestions, James
> > Yes, this is 80% of what I'm looking for. The other 20% is:
> > If I could 'include' a reference to the optional paragraph (which will
> > in a database) instead of directly embedding it in the XSL template (I
> > to reuse the same optional paragraph in a number of documents).
> > What if I store the paragraph references as database selects in the XSL
> > template and do the work of retrieving them from the database before the
> > engine does its work? Is there a better way?
> What you might do is "construct" the XSL stylesheet by piecing together
> things in the database. You can do this just with your file system by
> entities, seeing as XSL stylesheets are XML documents.
> > It sounds like it's time to read up on XSL.
> You won't regret it :-)
> xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
> Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on
> CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
> To (un)subscribe, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
> (un)subscribe xml-dev
> To subscribe to the digests, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following
> subscribe xml-dev-digest
> List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:email@example.com)
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
To (un)subscribe, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:email@example.com)