   RE: intercepting internal entities?

  • From: "DuCharme, Robert" <DuCharmR@moodys.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:04:25 -0400

>When you write your output, simple re-encode the file into the
>appropriate encoding

I figured it out in Java, using the list of encodings at
http://www.javasoft.com:80/products/jdk/1.1/docs/guide/intl/encoding.doc
.html. It's so cool, all the mapping work is already done!

Well, almost all. I couldn't find a mapping that let me output to 7-bit
ASCII (e.g. map auml, agrave, aacute, and acirc all to "a") but I can
see from the AnselInputStreamReader class that comes with Mike Kay's
GedML package (which demos his SAXON library) how to derive my own
StreamReader with my own mapping table.  Look out umlauts.

Thanks David, and Mike,

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)